Friday, March 6, 2015

Seussical Costume Kits for Volunteers

There is a saying in my Event Management life, "show volunteers HOW its done, and GIVE them the tools they need and Volunteers step up and Make It Happen." And these parents did not disappoint.

In a plastic bag I provided:

1. cutout templates of the pieces volunteers would be assembling & material for cutting.
2. the instruction sheet was hand written with drawn figures. Some people are visual and others do better with written guidelines.
3. scrap felt for decorating.
4. tacky glue.

The Volunteer parents really stepped up!!! Over 35 people contributed to our costume success! Kits were made for ribbon rods (made from FREE paint stirrers), WHO everything (except the sewn shorts and skirts) suspenders, collars, headbands, ties, etc., the hunters reversible vest to fish and a separate kit to make the fins and tails, where the mom took extra effort to decorate them!

Seussical Costume Kits for Volunteers by APrincipalandWifeTravels
Seussical Costume Kits for Volunteers, a photo by APrincipalandWifeTravels on Flickr.


In all fairness, there are two important life experiences that gave me the talen and skillset to complete this project.

I have been both on stage, backstage as crew and behind the scenes in theatre performances all through High School and College. I LOVE the theatre. My background helps me with the vision and effects for costumes.

I work in Event Management Professionally as a Consultant, JK Marketing and Event Management. My organizational skills and attention to detail are a big part of the business success. And fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment